Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2/22, 2/23 and 2/24 A bit of a variety so far this week

2/24/09 – at the gym
At the gym today mixing it up on a few cardio machines. Stationary bike for 10 mile varied pace 100 to 110 rpms in 2min 30 sec intervals , 20 min on the stair climber – mixed pace as well and then finished up on the other machine that I keep forgetting to see what it’s name is.

2/23 Snow Shoe
A little snow fell so I strapped on the snow shoes today. As always it was good to get out. I was out early before sun up and the temperatures were OK (low 20’s) but the wind was a howling. Crossing over the fields at the start of the trek was “fun”. I was out for just over an hour returning after sun up. Because the new snow was only a couple inches and the old snow is getting very dense I was able to split the outing about 60% jog and 40% walk. Always a good workout.

2/22 Wet messy run
Lately I have been on this kick of trying to sleep in Sunday’s at least until the kids wake. This always leaves my trying to find a low impact way to squeeze something in. So the family and I were out and about visiting friends and running a few errands so we did the ole drop off and run home routine. It was raining so I had the fam drop me off about 4 or 5 miles from home. One of the errands was to pick up a new rain proof running jacket so I decided to put it through its paces. Once out and wet the jacket did a great job and the temp was OK so I ended up running for 56.30 hopefully over 7 miles. I can only guess what the mileage was but overall things went well. Once to the house I put in another 15 on the treadmill to warm the body back up and casually slow the heart rate down.

No comments: