Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2/10 –Snowshoeing on Ice

Today’s workout was a trip into the woods on the snow shoes. The snow quality has really taken a hit with temps last week getting into the 40’s and 50’s and the mix of rain and snow the week before. I have been out on the same trail now a bunch of times so the path is getting well traveled and hard packed. I was able to get out for an hour and jog for about 75% of the trip with the exceptions of the uphill sections. The temp was around mid 20’s so nothing special was required for clothing. The usual, full spandex (close to the body), t-shirt, running jacket (wind breaker), snowboots, gaters, jogging gloves, hat, headlight and backpack. The full moon was still up and the sun is coming up earlier and earlier, so I had decent visibility the whole trip.

Well that was it for today. It’s late, I’m beat. In the near future I need to do a little reading on the benefits of sleep. My new years resolution to get more is not panning out well..

No comments: