Friday, February 20, 2009

2/19 and 2/20 – A Mixed bag

2/20 A day off. However, that means a day off from pounding my body around doing some cardio. Instead I started the day with some stretching. This basically consists of some yoga ish type moves as I try and work through a series of moves stretching the upper and lower body. I try and focus on the hips and the back to keep things in line as I have such terrible posture and sit at a desk all day. Then did some lifting. High reps and low weights. Again, I do a full body as usually only lift once a week, unless you count 2 – 40lb. kids. Then I finished things off with 20 something minutes of shoveling, thanks to mother nature surprising us with 5 inches last night.

2/19 Normally I take Thursday as a day off from cardio, but I was trying to take the day off from work. As a result, the family took a trip to the beach. It was pretty chilly, but the waves and vacant beach was fun for the kids and peaceful for the adults. As is usually the case I tried to take advantage of the new route and decided to jog home. Although, I over dressed I jogged home in 52.53 probably about 6.5 miles. I will try and map it a little later. A little breezy but a good flat run with the sun setting and giving me some great views.

No comments: