Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 9 - 14

Eating a bowl of ice cream and writing about my workouts… is that motivation? If I didn't work out I would weigh 300 lbs.?

14 – April 09 Fri 8 mi road run. 1:00:18 (32 degrees – no wind, sunny, cool)
How is it that I can run for over 8 miles and finish within 10 seconds of my last run of the same distance? I certainly don’t feel the same every time out and I tried today to actually pick up the tempo a little by mixing in some higher tempo intervals. I am convinced that the only way I am going to shed any time is by mixing in the intervals. Let’s see over time how I make out.

13 – April 09 : Morning Core Tape (25min) – Evening Elliptical (60 min)
Still suffering from Easter travel and all of the overdoing it of the holidays, I couldn’t drag myself out of bed early enough to get in a morning workout. Had to get moving so I hit a tape. Veged out and watched a little TV and put in some time on the eliptical

12 – April 09- Sun Easter Sunday – Day off
Happy Easter to all….

11 – April 09 – Sat Elliptical 70 min
No hoop today. Starting the Easter travels. Tried to get up and get in a workout before other plans took over the weekend. Uneventful, but glad to get the blood flowing.

10 – April 09 – Fri 8 mi road run. 1:00:19
Usually this is the day I try to take off, but I know that this “Holiday” weekend is going to put me in a pinch where I can’t workout at least one day. Still cold (33 degrees) but no wind. Once I got over the fact that it was cold I managed to have a good run. Worked in a few spots where I tried to increase the pace however overall I see that my time is pretty much spot on where it was before. I guess I should just be happy that I felt decent.

9 – April 09 –Thurs “Power Pump”
Power Pump is an instructor led class using weights. The focus is to work many of the main muscle groups using low weights, high reps and working the muscles until exhaustion. Today’s class was packed and the instructor had it out for us. Many, many, many walking lunges and squats to start the class. This was followed with an intense workout of the chest and arms. With the numerous combinations of exercises triceps were killing. I could barely lift my hands over my head by the end of the class. I experienced some tightness in my glutes the next day but honestly thought it was going to be a lot worse.

No comments: