Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Some regular things some new - This week

31-Mar-09 Road Ride 49.12 Apple Hill GC loop
Braving the elements (high 30’s), I stuck with the plan to get out for a road ride. MTB has a broken back spoke and it is rubbing too much. It was time to bite the bullet and get the road bike out. It was great. The roads are in pretty tough shape but I made it through the 14ish miles without any serious bumps. I didn’t have the GPS to the exact distance will come later. Ride is a fairly flat trip, into NH and off the main roads. Sun was up in time as well but had a light and phone and pack just in case. I was also bundled up with hat, gloves, jacket, backpack, foot covers and long pants but it was worth it.

30-Mar-09 Gym time. Stationary Bike (30 min) and Stair climber (25min)
Following the usual strategy of alternating tempo.
29-Mar-09 – 8.3 mile road run
Cold , rainy, windy run. Other than that it was a good time out. I reversed my normal loop and I think the wind was actually at my back more than less. Is that possible when you are running a loop? Anyway’s it felt that way.

28-Mar-09 Hoop
Another day of dominating on the hoop court. OK, not really , probably closer to 2 for 36. Good long run though the fellas were motivated. We made it all the way to 9:00

27-Mar-09 Core / Day off?
Geeze just a couple of days ago and I can’t remember. I think it was a short tape on strengthening your core.


26-Mar-09 Power Pump class at the Gym
Today I tried something new. Instead of lifting at home I tried a class at the gym. This class is lead by the same teacher as the Wed spin class I try to get too. It seems to be a full body workout where each muscle or groups of muscles are repeatedly worked until exhausted. The exercises are performed with low weights and many variations. We spend a good amount of time on squats and lunges so I expect to have trouble walking tomorrow, but so far all is well.
It was a good class so I may try and visit regularly.

No comments: