Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YIKES - Slipping a little - A couple of weeks of posts

Spring is here. Time to pick a race and plan a hiking trip. Any suggestions or participants?

25-Mar-09 Indoor Spin Class and tempo laps
In an effort to make the gym membership worthwhile today I hit spin class. Like last week our instructor Kim had it out for us and lead the class through a variety of hills, sprints and music induced tempo changes. As usual a good workout that leaves a good sweat. From the bike I went down to the track for 10 loops of the indoor track with each loop including a 50 yrd “sprint”. Sprint might be a bit of an exaggeration.

24-Mar-09 Indoor – swim-bike-run
The calendar says spring, but too no one has told mother nature. And since I was not in the mood to get outside in the cold it was off to the gym. It has been a while since getting in the pool. Thankfully it was not too crowded. I decided to do the swim bike run. 15 min swim (all things considered went well), 10 miles on the bike, 2.5 run. Ran out of time to do more so it was off to work.

23-Mar-09 Rrun 8.1 Mile 1:00:30 Hr
Freeking cold. I had planned a run and basically did not pay attention to the temps. Headed out in shorts but the wind had the temps in the teens. I survived and my time was only slightly slower then the last time I ran this route (however I felt at times like I was barely moving). I guess I need to pick up the pace overall.

22- Mar – 09 Rride on Mtb with John
Changing things up a bit today and was able to get out with a friend. However, the planning gods where not on our side. With a limited window to start with (typical) I got all geared up for a road ride, he was ready for giving the mtb a run so we gave that a shot. This required a little drive time, so we drove to Henderson Swazey over in Exeter. Great trails but due to the wetness and lingering snow the trails were closed. So doing what we could it was out on the road on the mtb. Together we put in a loop of XXXX

21- Mar – 09 Hoop
20- Mar – 09 Road Run 8.1 Mile 1:00 Hr
19- Mar – 09 Lift and Stretch
18- Mar – 09 Spin & Tempo Run


17-Mar-09 Rrun 8.1 Mile 1:00 Hr
Cool (mid 20’s) Morning Run. Still Dark. No wind.

No comments: