Monday, March 02, 2009

2/27 to 3/2 - Man how time fly’s – Here is a few days of posts.

3/2 Monday – XC in the morning
Another snow storm last night had about 6 inches of fresh powder on the ground and it was still dropping. Love that. Got out with it still dark and the roads were not plowed yet. Went out for the normal route,(up the road, cross the field, through the woods to the power lines) but either my skis are really starting to get worn or my legs were tired from last night or the snow just wasn’t right (too deep?) because it felt like I was trying to ski on two 2x4’s. All that aside, I was working from home today so I was out for about an hour and a half. Very peaceful moderate/steady pace.

3/1Sun – XC skiing by headlight
As usual, Sunday is a tough day to predict. With knowledge of the snow coming I decided to sleep in and plan for a night time outing. Unfortunately, the snow didn’t exactly pick up by this time. We only had a couple of inches which was just enough to hide the branches, ice and bare spots. Ended up beating the crud out of my skis. That said, it was still time out under the complete cloak of darkness which for me is fun. Being in the dark, bad weather, off road always forces me to focus on the environment and not the repetition of the event. Time just cruises by. I ended up taking about 1:20 to do the regular XC ski loop. I took out the GPS so I have a plot of the route, I just need to upload.. Maybe tomorrow.
BTW – man am I sore from hoop. It has been a while since I played. I felt good while playing.



2/28 Sat Hoop
2 hours of hoop at the gym. Felt great, but sore the rest of the day. Not a low impact game.

2/27 Fri can’t remember.
I did something though.

No comments: