Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ahh injury.. how bad is it?

5-12-09 Tuesday - Gym Workout
As my right calf is still tight I decided on a gym day. Also it has been a long time since getting in the pool I decided to give that a shot. At first glance the pool was packed so I hit the stationary bike for about 10 miles and 30 min. I went to the pool and started with a few drills then just started going. I went for about 15 min, but as usual I lost track quickly as to the # of laps. I was a little tired but felt about as good as ever.

5-11-09 Monday – Plan B. Afternoon Trail Run XX miles, 1 hr. 9min
So child #2 was up between 6 and 8 times during the night (no he’s not sick but for some reason he just wouldn’t sleep). I decided to sleep in a little. As a result I did not get out in the am. Still wanting to get in a run I tossed my gear in the car and hoped to be able to squeak in a run in the afternoon. I was able to get out of the office a smidge early and stopped at the gym on the way home. I ran to Mauldsley State Park. This is a great run over the Merrimack through the woods and back down along the river. The temp was perfect as well and things were going about as well as they can for me while running but then my calf tightened up. Well I decided it was not bad enough to stop as I was about 3 miles from the gym so I decided to step it back a bit and just try not to push it. Thankfully it didn’t get any worse and I ended up enjoying the run.

5-10-09 Late night 70 min on the home elliptical.
Nothing to tell here. Vegging out watching the playoffs.

5-09-09 Road Ride - 30 miles in 1:33
Tweaked the leg on yesterdays run so hitting the bike instead of playing hoop. Gathering today at the house where I will surely eat and drink too much so tried to get in a good ride. 6 am hit the road working my way up to Hampton. A little cool and my GPS and iPod both failed me as they need new battaries/to be charged. Good ride though.

5-08-09 Trial run 1:08
Around the powerlines. Very wet but enjoyable as I love to bush whack. About 5 miles into it my calf muscle pulled. Not a good feeling but nothing that seems too serious. Hopefully, I can take a few days to stretch and ice it and it will go away. Although at my advancing age that is not likely.

5-07-09 Power Pump

No comments: